enes+1 (929) 284-1573, +1 (786) 471-8644
Apoyo Legal en tu proceso migratorio.
Solicita tu consulta gratis

Frequent questions

In this section, you will find solutions to frequently asked questions related to our services and how we can assist you in your immigration situation.

What is Asylum?

Asylum represents a form of protection that authorizes an individual to stay in the United States instead of being repatriated to a nation where they fear persecution or harm. Under US law, those fleeing persecution in their country can claim asylum, which, if granted, ensures protection and legal stay in the US.

What does the Family Petition consist of?

Application by a U.S. Resident to Facilitate Permanent Residence for a Close Family Member. If you are a U.S. citizen, you have the possibility to petition for certain members of your family to obtain legal permanent residence (Green Card).

What does the work permit consist of?

It is the responsibility of employers in the US to verify that all their employees, regardless of their nationality, are authorized to work in the country. The Employment Authorization Form is the method they use to confirm your authorization to work for a defined period of time in the United States.

What does naturalization consist of?

Citizenship is the shared bond that connects individuals to civic values ​​and a belief in the rights and freedoms established in the US Constitution. Choosing to be a US citizen represents one of the most momentous choices for an immigrant. Various paths to acquire citizenship arise depending on personal circumstances.

What is Cancellation of Removal?

Removal or deportation cancellation is applicable for those who are facing an expulsion process in immigration court. In certain cases, the government can stop removal if the person has been in the United States continuously for seven years and it is shown that their removal would create extreme hardship for their spouse, parent, citizen or permanent resident child. If the government approves the application, the person becomes a lawful permanent resident immediately from the date of approval.

What is the U Visa?

U Nonimmigrant Status for Victims of Crime: The U Nonimmigrant category (U visa) is intended for those who have suffered certain crimes, experienced physical or mental abuse, and collaborate with law enforcement agencies and government authorities in the investigation or prosecution of criminal acts. In October 2000, Congress established the U Visa through the Victims of Human Trafficking and Violence Protection Act, with the purpose of strengthening the capacity of security forces to investigate and prosecute cases of domestic violence, sexual abuse and human trafficking. In addition, it seeks to protect victims who have suffered considerable mental or physical harm as a result of those crimes and are willing to cooperate with the authorities. This law also improves the care provided by law enforcement agencies to crime victims.

What is the VAWA Visa?

Obtaining Permanent Residency through VAWA: It may be possible to obtain a Green Card as a self-petitioner under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) if you have been a victim of abuse or extreme cruelty perpetrated by:

  • A spouse or former spouse who is a US citizen.
  • A parent who is a US citizen.
  • A son or daughter who is a US citizen.
  • A Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) who is your spouse or former spouse, or
  • A parent who is an LPR.

In which states do they handle immigration processes?

Our team of lawyers has the jurisdiction to work in any of the 50 states of the American Union.

How much does a consultation cost to analyze my case?

We wish to offer sincere service, recognizing the daily challenges that the immigrant community faces while in this country. Therefore, we will examine each situationfree of charge.

In this way, you will have the opportunity to clarify your concerns and present the details of your case. Our team of lawyers will work to find the most appropriate option in your situation.

How can I receive a consultation?

We have an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to offering a high-quality service in real time through our online platforms.

Our legal team will be at your disposal through WhatsApp, website, phone calls and videoconferences to effectively handle your case.

Where can I find the offices?

Our offices can be found at 2700 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239, EE. UU.

What services do you offer?

Asylum Petition, Work Permit, Family Petition, Cancellation of Removal, VAWA Visa, U Visa, Citizenship and Naturalization, WAIVER.

If I hire representation services, do you offer payment facilities?

Yes, by studying your case with us, we can provide a financing method appropriate to the particular needs of your situation. This way you will not see that your finances being affected and you can proceed smoothly with your immigration process.

If I am already detained, can I hire your services?

Of course, you have our experience to provide assistance at any time you need it.

What should I do if I already have an immigration lawyer but I want Servicios Sin Fronteras to represent me?

You need to file a motion for substitution before the immigration judge, in which you will provide the details of your previous lawyer.

How do I overcome the fear to go in front of the immigration officer or judge?

We have an outstanding team made up of legal assistants and preparers who will guide you so that you can face each situation with confidence.

Our trajectory enables us to guide you in all relevant aspects during these appointments.

What if I entered the US illegally can I apply for asylum?

Of course! You have the option to apply for asylum regardless of your method of entry into the country. The fundamental thing is that you are not in the removal process.

How soon should I submit my asylum application?

We recommend that you file within the first year of your arrival in the US.

In the event that more than a year has elapsed without doing so, we suggest you consult with our immigration lawyers to evaluate your situation and determine if you apply for any exception.

Remember, each case is unique and depends on your particular circumstances.

What if I don't speak English?

You do not have to worry. Our services are backed by an interpreter to support you.

Can I get asylum benefits for my spouse or children?

Absolutely! On your asylum application, you can add your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 as dependents.

It is vital to consider that during the asylum interview you must have your relatives with you. If you are recognized as an asylee, the family members you listed on your application will get the same status (unless there are restrictions) and will be able to stay in the United States.

When should I get my fingerprints taken?

Once you have submitted form I-589 to request asylum, the Citizenship and Immigration Office (USCIS) will coordinate an appointment at an Application Support Center to take your fingerprints.

It is essential to be aware of the notification, since the deadlines may vary in this case.

Can I travel outside of the US after applying for asylum?

No, if you have applied for asylum and have not yet obtained a decision, it is important that you do not leave the United States.

My child is of legal age and a U.S. citizen. Can they petition for me?

Yes, if your child does not face any type of penalty, he can initiate a family petition process to allow you to enter the United States legally.

My son is a minor and is a US citizen. Can they petition for me?

No, it is necessary to wait until they reach the age of majority to start the process. It is essential to also remember to carefully analyze the case to ensure the absence of prohibitions.

I entered illegally, I am in an asylum process, and my partner is a US citizen, can I go through a family petition process?

This is a complex process, as it varies depending on the type of offense committed. These cases are often challenging due to the need to have a clean criminal record. However, there could be a solution. We need to thoroughly analyze your situation to provide you with adequate guidance.

I entered with a visa but it expired. Can my partner petition for me?

Yes, you may be petitioned, but you will also need to file a waiver along with the family petition process.

If I entered with a valid tourist visa and my American citizen partner wants to ask me, should I submit a Waiver?

No, in your situation it is not necessary, since you have not incurred in any infraction. The pardon or waiver is managed when a person admits to having committed a fault according to the laws of the United States.

A U.S. resident can petition for which family members?

A permanent resident of the United States, also known as a Green Card holder, can petition certain family members for lawful permanent residence. Family members that a US resident can petition for include:

  1. Spouse.
  2. Unmarried children under 21 years of age.
  3. Married adult children (but the process may take longer).
  4. Children older than 21 years unmarried.
  5. Parents (only if the resident is at least 21 years old).

It is important to note that wait times and preference categories may vary based on the applicant’s family relationship and nationality.

A U.S. citizen can petition for whom?

A U.S. citizen has the possibility to make petitions for their spouse, children, siblings, or parents.

If I go to the first hearing without a lawyer, will I be deported?

It is not necessary to bring a lawyer to the preliminary hearings. These hearings, usually brief (less than 10 minutes), focus on verifying your personal details, such as your address and contact details. Subsequently, a second hearing will be scheduled in which it will be necessary for you to have the assistance of an immigration lawyer.

I changed my address but didn't notify, what happens?

It is important to note that you are obligated to report any change of address. If you do not update your information and the judge communicates a change in the hearing that you are not aware of, it could result in a possible deportation for non-attendance.

What happens if I don't go to the ICE follow-up appointments?

The implications could be serious. A deportation order could even be issued. It is very important that you arrive punctually at the designated date and time at the designated place.

Once I have the U visa, how many years until I can become a resident?

After getting the U Visa, it is necessary to wait three years before you can apply for residency. Before that time, it is not feasible.

Does being a victim of any crime make me eligible for a U Visa?

It’s not possible. The Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) maintains an accurate list of crimes that qualify for a U Visa. If you have been the victim of a crime, contact us to determine if you are eligible.

I am the victim of a criminal act in the US. but I'm afraid to denounce

The U Visa represents a safeguard mechanism for people affected by specific crimes who wish to cooperate with the law. This benefit provides a temporary legal status and the possibility of working in the country for a maximum of 4 years.

When applying for a U Visa, do my relatives have any benefits?

Yes. Usually, the victim’s relatives (parents, children, and spouse) get the same privileges. This means that they will be able to legally reside, work, and study in the United States.

In situations where these family members are out of the country, they may qualify for a special application that would allow them to enter legally under U Visa status.

Contact us

Let us analyze your case at no cost,
we accompany you on your way to legality.